Thursday, March 17, 2011

Buntings, Banners, Pennants, OH MY!

On all of the party blogs, they seem to be everywhere!  They are all over Etsy too, even as decorations for children's rooms and nurseries.  Whatever you want to call them there seems to be a bonanza of buntings, banners and pennants. I think they are super cute, a bit nostalgic and a tad vintage at the same time!  These are the buntings I made for Peyton's Sweet Shoppe Party (I'll be posting that tomorrow so come on back and check it out!)  This cake bunting was fun and easy to do.  I didn't HAVE to sew it since it's scrapbook paper but I wanted it to match the fabric one hanging above it.  The posts on the end are just skewers that I painted.  This is actually reusable which is kinda cool!  Don't mind the shoddy frosting job on the cake.  I used Swiss meringue strawberry buttercream and it's not the easiest to work with for decorations but it's DELICIOUS taste is more than worth it's appearance!
Peyton and I made this cupcake banner which was easy and fun.  I showed you this around Valentines Day, I think.  We used it for decoration at the mock "photo booth" we had set up in the corner of the family room for Peyton's party.  There was a basket of silly props the girls could use for the photos, they had FUN with that!  I definitely would recommend a little photo booth for any party with kids, they LOVE it!
Kate, Peyton and Hannah
I made two different fabric buntings, one in shades of pink patterns and one that was all pink with white polka dots to match the table runner.  You'll see that one tomorrow when I show P's whole party.  It hung at the front of the table.
The bunting and poufs behind the table
A chalk bunting on the wall behind the drink station
So what do you think?  Do you love this new party trend as much as I do?

Peyton's entire party reveal is HERE

6 comments:

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

so beautiful! you did a fabulous job. I think the frosting looks perfect :)

It's me said...

Nice pictures from a great party darling....love Ria....xxx...

The Autocrat: Haley said...

OMGosh! I am lovin' the cake banner!! So stinkin' cute! Looks like fun!!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :-) I love your party pics! Adorable! Like everybody in craft-land, I love buntings too, and yours are wonderful! I especially love the one on the cake . . . I've never seen anything like that before--way cool!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Sara S. said...

The cake banner is so, SO, cute! And I love the photo booth idea. How fun!

The Lovely in Life said...

If my kids should be so blessed to see their parties decorated so beautifully. Great job!