Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nana B's Butter Cookies and Si joint Deja vu

These cookies will not win a beauty contest, I promise. However, they are SO delicious in their simple taste and I wanted to share them with you. They are normally slightly prettier than this but the only brown sugar I had was a TAD on the crusty hard rock like side and it didn't blend as well as normal with the butter. And OHHHh the BUTTER! You'll feel like Paula Deen baking these! One of Matt's contractors he deals with has a dairy farm and his cows provide milk to make Land O'Lakes butter. Every Christmas we get several pounds of butter from him. It is a highlight for me! This house goes through butter like water and I don't bake a FRACTION of what I did before my back decided to get all wonkified. When you make these, separate the dough into 2 rolls wrapped in plastic wrap and chill them well. Then use a very SHARP knife and slice them off as thin as possible.

Nana B's Butter Cookies

1 lb of softened BUTTER
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
4 1/2 cups flour SIFTED (definitely sift it)
1/2 tsp salt.

Cream butter and sugar well. Mix in flour and salt and mix till a very stiff dough forms but don't over mix.

form into roll and chill covered.
Slice off thin slices and bake on cookie sheet at 375 for 8-9 minutes

(I use a convection oven and they bake for about 7 min.

ENJOY!


Last week, they called the day of my SI joint injections and cancelled due to the weather. So now I'm having it done THIS Thursday instead. I'm looking forward to it, I'm hoping it helps a bit!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so going to make these!! they look de-lish!

Would also LOVE your support on the ELLE DECOR window I did for the Big Window Challenge this year with Apartment Therapy. Check it out at http://www.bigwindowchallenge com. As we all know, AT doesn’t make it easy, but you can vote TWICE a day, once online and the other by texting “1” to 89800.

Your support means the world to me!!

Xo
Eddie