Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Random thoughts: Reading nook?,Christmas and SI Joint Fun on New Years Eve!

Sorry for the crooked photo, I was in a hurry while Matt was disassembling. You are probably wondering what this photo is all about. And what could those crazy Bedsauls be doing when their Kitchen reno isn't done? Well, let me explain, Matt was lucky enough to get a flat screen LCD tv from his parents for a combination birthday, Christmas, Fathers Day and any other misc. Hallmark holiday you can think of. We've had our TV in this trusty built in wall unit for YEARS. Our Family room is parallel to our garage and one day, years back, we had the idea of breaking through the wall a bit into the garage to give us a RECESSED area for the TV and book shelves. It's been a really GREAT addition and opened up our room so much. When they were building it, shelving with doors was put on the garage side as well for additional storage. This photo was taken right before Matt slid those bookshelves out. He's re-using the doors that went on the bottom for the new cabinet he's building under the flat screen that is now on a different wall. When the shelves are out, the area measures about 6 ft by 3 feet. The family is split 50/50 as to weather we should make it a built in reading nook with a generous bench and shelves or whether it should be
a little step into shelved area with a desk like in one of these photos in the collage. I'll let you know what happens as we move along! ;-)

Sorry I don't have credits for these different photos, I have been copying and pasting for a few days, not really thinking about it. So If I used your photo or you know who's photo someone is, let me know and I'd be happy to link it!

We had a very nice Christmas a few days ago and I hope you all did as well! Here's a photo of the puffy eyed kids with their stockings.

I wanted to share a WONDERFUL source for delightful custom jewelry. Together with Matt's brother's family, we ordered this great necklace for my mother in law with all of the grand children's names on it. It is so lovely in person and took my breath away when I first opened it! It's from
http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/ 
I've been sorta absent from my bloggy home here. I had those Bi-lateral Sacroiliac joint
injections the week before Christmas. Good times, good times. I haven't been getting as many ZINGERS in my hips that I was getting before when I turned a certain way. So I'll take that as a PLUS! ;-) Tomorrow, New Years Eve, I'm having my first SI joint RFA (radio frequency ablation). It's like that thing I had on those little joints where Dr. Doctor goes in an numbs the joints and juices them up with some steroid and then puts another needle in and uses some high radio frequency and burns the nerves in hopes that the damaged nerves can't send the pain signal to the brain. Sounds like another good plan! The difference with this is that the SI joint goes pretty far down into your pelvis so they have to go DEEPER.  It's not going to feel much different then what he did 2 weeks ago. I'm up for anything at this point...BRING IT ON! ;-) Anyway, I'll be gone again from here for several days...wish me luck!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rene Foust said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR ROBYN
IT MAKES ME SAD TO HEAR WHAT A TUFF TIE YOU ARE HAVING! HOPEFULLY THE NEW YEAR WILL BRING YOU SOME RELIEF!
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Charlene said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Bless your heart!!!!I will send you healing wishes & prayers. You are indeed a brave girl. 6 furr & feather babies you say... Yikes that's alot of feeding & cleaning up but, they are so precious!

Thank you for your hugs, prayers & support for Reba & I. I am waiting with baited breath for bloodwork results on Monday. Hugs! Charlene