Friday, September 3, 2010

Flower Frog Flea Finds

I've always been quite fond of the alliteration.  It's just a fun writing element, don't you agree?  Plus when you are bored you can turn them into tongue twisters.  I'm obviously also very fond of the tangent.  You probably know that if you read this blog with an regularity or know me in person.  My son Cole will even hold my shoulders and say, "FOCUS MOM!"  Peyton unfortunately gets this little "problem" from me. The following is one example. Just one weee little drop in the bucket. 
  Last night, while eating cold cut sandwiches and chips for dinner because I had preheated the oven before dance, smothered chicken breasts with seasoning and BBQ sauce and promptly PUT THEM BACK IN THE FRIDGE.  Needless to say 50 minutes later when the timer went off, the chicken wasn't cooked. Dang appliances.  ANYWAY, we were discussing our upcoming Disney Trip.  Peyton suddenly says, "APPARENTLY, Cory is adopted."  (someone in her class) Not sure how that fit in with Disney but she's my daughter so I will not be hypocritical and say much about it other than to share it with the blog universe.
This all leads me to my flea market flower frogs. (I'm not sure how it leads me, but it does).  I've been collecting the metal ones for a bit and I picked up two more recently when we were doing some birthday antiquing.  The one with the cool white Bakelite base and the cage one are new.  I LOVE how these little round ones form a flower frog cake! ;-)  Doesn't take much to make this chick happy, huh? ;-)  5 is our family number so I have it stuck in there on my kitchen sink window sill. It makes me smile.  My favorite is still that curli-que one.  MAN I love that little bit of squiggly metal goodness!
I'm participating in a couple parties today, so check them out over there on the right under parties and see what other goodies everyone else has!  Ohhh, BTW, I love the soft pink of the drying hydrangeas in the background of these photos...it's yummy. 
ALSO, don't forget, if you want to be included in the blog roll over there on the right (it's still in draft), just drop me a line letting me know and I'd love to add you!

27 comments:

Unknown said...

you are one funny lady!!!!*GRIN*....I CAN understand how you go from cooking a bird, to disney to a adopted child to a number 5 in a flowerfrog...I do...that's so funny about it;))))

Have a nice weekend

Lynda

Terrell said...

LOVE this!! I've been on the hunt for a flower frog..and havent had any luck :( This is just amazing though..great job! Thank you oh so much for linking up this sweet creation at the FABULOUS FRIDAY FINDS party today!! I hope your weekend is wonderful!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

The Frosted Gardner said...

Hey Robyn - What great finds! No worries on the fan. I just hope you can start feeling better. :) Hope you have a great day.

My Cottage Charm said...

Hello girlie! I LOVE your curlie q frog, I have NEVER seen one of those before..EVER! :) Very cool! Peyton cracks me up..she's my kind of kid...just flows with the blowing of the breeze. :) What a sweetie pie! So, is Cory really adopted? :) You have to finish these stories! lol :-D
Love ya much lady
Missy

Curtains in My Tree said...

I like the flower frog collection. I have a few and this makes me want to get them out for show and tell.

The squiggley one is really different.


Janice

It's me said...

Hi Darling..what a funny story......great new stuff you find......lovely evening......hugs and love Ria....

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Robyn, love your flower frogs, I've NEVER seen a bakelite one or one with all the squiggles! too cute. I love the layer cake effect myself, makes a great statement. Then the number "5" Great touch!
Thanks so much for linking up with me for the first VIF party!
xo,
Debra

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What a fun post and such a great collection of flower frogs. Over here in Germany they are very hard to find. In fact I haven't even seen one yet.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Julia

kecia deveney said...

i so love flower frogs myself and have a little collection on the front porch. they remind me of my grandmother.

thanks for playing!

kecia

Allison Shops said...

I have a few flower frogs myself. I love the squiggly one! Dropping by from Common Ground. Have you heard about our new link - Giveaway Friday? I hope you'll come visit to see prizes and to link your next giveaway.

Allison
Atticmag

Gypsy Fish said...

I GET IT! I so get...I've done that with food before too....I think if my brain was a flower flog it would be the squiggly one...have a great weekend
Beth

SoSoBella said...

i've never seen metal ones. my mom collects them but i think they are glass. i love the frog cake! and the number 5, love it.
i'd love to on your blog roll? what do i need to do :O)

SoSoBella said...

i've never seen metal ones. my mom collects them but i think they are glass. i love the frog cake! and the number 5, love it.
i'd love to on your blog roll? what do i need to do :O)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I just love the versatility of floral frogs. Yours are lovely.

Terrell said...

Your blog is just super sweet! I am so excited to be following it and can't wait to see what else you have in store :D
All the best for a wonderul weekend!
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Terrell said...

Your blog is just super sweet! I am so excited to be following it and can't wait to see what else you have in store :D
All the best for a wonderul weekend!
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

Cap Creations said...

Love your photos of them! That cage one is very neat!

awal.ny said...

Neat frogs, nice to see one that doesn't jump out of your hands. I like the swiggly one too, but my favorite is the one with the pale gray metal base. 5 love it, our # too. I like odd #'s. Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE flower frogs, too. You have a wonderful collection, Robyn, and your pictures of them are gorgeous!!
Have a great weekend!
~ Jo :)

Our Hopeful Home said...

I'm laughing out loud ~ you sound SO like me! (Put the chicken back in the fridge? What, me? Never!) I also collect flower frogs, started about 20 years ago. Love yours. Visiting from Common Ground.

{northern cottage} said...

Love those frogs!! They are stunning all on their own...I have some similar displayed on my living room buffet as well....hope to blog about them soon! Before summer totally leaves us!

Anne Lorys said...

I'm a flower frog junkie, too!

Funny story, I do the same sorts of things ALL the time!

Have a wonderful Sunday and Labor Day!
Hugs,
Anne

Unknown said...

I love the frogs! I've been collecting the glass ones to display my antique marble collection.

http://froufrugal.blogspot.com (Look at the August Invisible Window Shelves post and the Tinker Toy Flowers post to see mine.

maría cecilia said...

They were a lot around my house when I was little!!!
I have loved your son telling you "focus mum!"!!!!
cariños













1

My Dream Canvas said...

This is great! I am hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway on my blog. I would love for you to stop by.

Anonymous said...

Your posts are so sweet! Love your flower frog collection.

E+J

My Cottage Charm said...

Ok..did you put the cake plate under your shirt and leave, or did she catch you as you were about to walk out with it! ROFLOL KIDDING! I'm glad you like my cake dome...it was a lucky find! (especially for 2 bucks!) I kind of have a cake dome fetish...I have more than one...I wonder if there is a support group for that problem?! :)

Love ya lady
Missy