First, let me tell you about this incredible, SUPER, sticky bun recipe. I think I've made this about 5-6 time since Christmas. It's truly DELISH! It uses Grands biscuits. I love shortcuts like that especially when you can't tell it's a shortcut!
Here's what you do
2 lg. tubes of Grands LAYERED biscuits
6T. melted butter
1 C. pancake syrup
2/3 C. packed brown sugar
nuts or raisins are optional
Preheat Oven to 350
Mix the Syrup and butter till smooth and incorporated. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar and other optional ingredients. Pour half of the syrup mixture into a BUNDT pan and spread around. Layer the biscuits in the pan overlaping to form a circle. Pour remaining syrup mixture and then sprinkle the brown sugar mixture. Bake for about 40 minutes
My daughter Callie is on her school dance team (MARYLAND STATE CHAMPS!) and right before Christmas they had a little Holiday Soiree. The party seemed to call for something extra special. If you have teenagers in your home, then you KNOW they love everything about Starbucks. So when I came across a recipe for Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes, I knew they would be party perfect! I made some changes to the original recipe for the frosting. Here's what I did...
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup strong, very hot coffee
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- To make the cupcakes:
- Add flour, the ground ginger, the cinnamon, the cloves, the allspice, and the salt in a bowl and sifc.
- Add 1/2 stick of the butter and granulated sugar in bowl and beat until mixture is pale and fluffy. Add molasses and egg beat until the mixture is smooth. In a measuring cup combine the baking soda with 1/2 cup very hot strong coffee water and stir until baking soda is dissolved. Stir the baking soda mixture into the molasses mixture (the mixture will appear curdled) and the combined molasses and baking soda mixture into the flour mixture, stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway. Bake the cupcakes on the middle rack of a 350 degree °F. oven for about 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. (Cupcakes will be flat on top.) Transfer the cupcakes to a rack to cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
* 8oz cream cheese softened
*1/2 C butter softened
*1-16oz package of powdered sugar, sifted
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
Combine cream cheese and butter, beating till very smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla: beat until VERY light and fluffy
Stabilized Cinnamon Whipped Cream