Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cabinet re-vamp

We have been snowed in FOREVER now. Not that we can't get out, we can, but I'm such a chicken that I won't go by myself because of the icy parking lots and walks. Thank goodness that all 4 vehicles we have (one is Matt's work SUV) are 4wd Jeeps!

This weekend, Matt dragged me out for the Presidents day weekend furniture sales. We are in DIRE DESPERATE NEED for a new sofa. We've had this one for about 10 years (eeek) but leather lasts so well and is GREAT for a family with kids that spill (I think all kids spill, right?), dogs that sneak on the couch, people that have allergies, etc. etc. The final straw for our sofa was this summer. One day, while I was doing aqua therapy and the kids were swimming, we were stupid enough to let innocent LOOKING Cosmo loose in the house NOT in his cage. We came home to a virtual ball pit in our family room made of zillions of bits of foam in our family room that just happened to come out of the cushions of our couch! OUCH! We patched it together Ala red neck style with DUCT TAPE. Not necessarily the look we are going for. We picked out a couch and love seat but got cold feet. Then last night, 58 minutes before the store closed and the sale ended, Matt raced there to order it! I'm so excited! I'll show you next week when it comes in. The change in our kitchen (yet to be finished and revealed, but SOON) and the change in the family room makes me want to do some FREE decorating. Meaning just SHOPPING the house! Come back later for the update on our desk area glass fronted cabinets. Those pieces on the side WILL also get painted and we will have matching knobs too. I'm going to major pare down the stuff inside and do a mixture of white, clear and silver. Come back and check it out later~

OH YEAH, I forgot....these cabinet doors were originally all wood. Matt used a router and took out the center raised panel then added glass. The wall space below, was painted with magnetic paint then chalkboard paint...it's missing it's top piece of trim...but as I said the whole thing is not done anyway! ;-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: