Tuesday, February 5, 2008

MISSION COOKIE: COMPLETE

not all those who wander are lost.(jrr tolkien)

A couple days ago I got a call from the director of NBR, Northeastern Boxer Rescue about this little female boxer that was in our local shelter. Apparently the
rescue group had a foster home all set up and the Humane Society had agreed to release her to the rescue group. Little Miss Cookie just needed a ride! How could I not give this sweet little girl a ride to a whole new life? Luckily my friend Tina volunteered to take the road trip with me. So I introduced myself to Cookie yesterday at the shelter then picked her up first thing this morning and we were OFF! She is incredibly sweet and totally deserves to be treated like the princess that she thinks she is! She spent about 95% of the 3 hour drive curled up on Tina's lap. This boxer still has all her love to give and her heart has remained un-touched by her recent events. If you are ever interested in ANY breed please google a rescue group for that breed. If you are looking for a boxer anywhere from Maryland to Maine, check out www.boxerrescue.com

Considering Cookie is underweight, just weaned puppies and spent time in the shelter, she hasn't lost her unflappable happy boxer spirit!

Okay so I don't mean to be preachy but there is this rescue quote that I love. I'll share it with you:

Save one until there are none.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lesli said...

She trult seems like a very sweet dog - I hope she finds the best of homes!!!

Lori said...

Awwww...what a sweet brindle girl you have there! I love boxers and have had them all my life. "Sammy" (my 11 yr old handsome boy) is best friends with my 1 yr. old Pug "Jocko" Having a young dog around "Old man Sam" is the best medicine!
I found your site via the "The Daily Coyote"
Your writing and photography is commendable! Nice work!
Best wishes with your new doggie!

Lori said...

Oopsie...had I read the details I would have realized you were giving this doggie a "ride"..
I hope she finds a great home as she has a soulful and sweet face!