Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goodies from NOUN

I am blessed to have a sweet neighbor and dear friend just a few houses down named Julie.  Julie is often my junking/antiquing partner and is just about the best cook I know.  If Julie sends you something she made, you KNOW you will love it and devour every delicious morsel.  Julie just happens to have a sister who happens to have a FABULOUS, incredible, unique and lovingly put together store in Portland Oregon called NOUN .  It's a "persons place for things".  This incredible boutique is owned by the obviously ultra talented Stephanie Sheldon and her husband Thomas.  With out fail, if I fall in love with something Julie has on or has artistically styled ( BECAUSE this MOMMA has got some design talent all her own!) in her home, it often has come from Stephanie or NOUN .  Stephanie has her own popular little place on the web called GRAMMAR GIRL.  I'm telling you all of this because just recently sweet little Julie hopped on a plane and flew across the country to spend time with her sister.  Sisterhood ROCKS!  While there, Julie did a little NOUN shopping for me.  Before I get to that, I'd like to share a little more about the store.  Imagine walking into this wonderful, whimsical little world called NOUN , and everywhere you look there are wonderful treasures to behold that each have a story, or carry the nicks and bumps that go along with having lived a loved and good life.  There are
also trinkets and art from local artists that you can't get anywhere else!  In addition, amongst all of this GLORY, you catch a whiff of something delectable.  Sniff, SNIFF.  "mmmm, is that CUPCAKES, I smell" you wonder to yourself.  The renowned Saint Cupcake has a satellite store RIGHT THERE IN NOUN!  I think I would  feel like I'd just died and gone to the perfect shopping girls heaven. Re-newed and re-loved goodies and CUPCAKES all in the same happy store!

 About my Noun goodies, I couldn't wait for Julie to get back from her trip, not just only to see her happy face but to see what she brought back for Whimages~!  As you may know, we recently purchased a new OLD beat up industrial cart, aka: a coffee table.  I'm looking around for the perfect tray, or box or antique wire basket (what I really really want) to live on top of it and corral junk. Which is actually remotes and magazines and the kids empty boxes of gum and wrappers that they don't think I see.  Well, in the mean time Julie brought me back this DELIGHTFUL apple green divided bowl that Stephanie got at an estate sale. SCORE no. 1  She also got
this SWEET little piece of ceramic painted bird art that can be used as a coaster or art OR both!  Score no. 2 Julie was a little worried about bird overload but I've been doing birds before birds were the thing.  In fact I wanted to be an ornithologist and go to Cornell but then I realized math may be involved and my dream slipped away like a puff of smoke.  Back to the Noun goods...she
also brought back this FABULOUS AND INCREDIBLE piece of fabric collage art that I want to marry because I love it so much.  It's so pretty and is stretched on a lovely canvas and SIGNED by the ARTIST, Anna Joyce! Score no. 3!  GO ME!  I'm a lucky lady to have friends like this!  I don't do a lot of fall decorating but little Miss red breast is JUST perfect for anytime of year!  BTW, pretend those smudges on the mirror are not there, okay. Thanks.




For some behind the scenes action...This morning while photographing my NOUN lovelies, this  scene unfolded in front of the fireplace.  I love Peyton's completely WILD mane of hair in the morning!  I also LOVE how my doggies just LOVE my kids!

What are YOU loving right now?


7 comments:

It's me said...

O so sweet you doggie with your daughter sleeping in front of the fireplace..........love it !!...hugs from me Ria...

Eri said...

Hi Robyn, just to say hello!!! kiss

Anonymous said...

oh I do love your coffee table and of course your doggies! we are heading into summer over here in Australia and yet they tell me it might snow on our mountain today. Go figure!!
alicia

My Cottage Charm said...

well aren't you a lucky girl to have so many people love you and bring you back goodies! :) I adore all your new found goodness! Peyton, Cosmo and Macy look uber comfy in front of that fire! LOL VERY SWEET!
Love ya much girlie!
missy

All That Jazz said...

Great finds, I will check out that store. I have family in Portland!!
Love that last picture!!
~michelle~
p.s. I got my necklace from Sosobella (that I won on your blog) and I love it, thanks Robyn!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Pretty!!! I have that same candle holder :) Have a fabulous weekend!
XO

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Robyn, really lovin' that fabulous coffee table aka industrial cart...so cool. And what a super friend you have, I need to check out her blog, You two sound like a great team. Thanks for linking up to VIF, have a wonderful weekend!
xo,
Debra