Monday, August 5, 2013

Directors Chair To Side Table DIY

While at the beach a few weeks ago for a girls weekend I happened to spot a set of 6 directors chairs for $10 each.  I didn't need 6 but 1 sounded good!  I remember seeing in a magazine how they they changed a directors chair into an end table.  I figured I could wing that without the directions!


Yes, yes I know she was beautiful as a beat up old directors chair but I couldn't resist!  I really needed an end table so...OFF with her arms!  ...And back!  


A couple coats of Rustoleums Heirloom White and she was a new woman.  Actually a little bit too much of a NEW woman so out came the sanding block.
 I measured her top and ordered a piece of tempered glass.  It took about 2 weeks of torture to come in.  But today I was able to slide her on top of it's new home.  Off to Target to get a little lamp.  I wanted to get a small one that was glass but there wasn't any and glass probably wouldn't make sense since it could fall off.  I did get one for $9.99 that had a shade that matched the shade on the lamp that's on the chest directly across from it.  A new end table and the fresh pops of new pillows and a blanket from this POST and I have a totally fresh family room! OHHHH and we are in the process of painting the wood floor in there are charcoal grey.  Plus for my birthday I ordered a grey and white chevron pouf.  We took back the multicolored one because it was loosing all of it's fabric.  So anyway, what do you think for a $10 chair?
As I said we are in the process of painting the old wood floor a medium to dark grey and that will look so much better! So don't mind the ugly flooring!

This will all look so much better when the floor is painted grey!

Viola!


No comments: