Saturday, August 3, 2013

Emerald Color Chip PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, a lively, radiant, lush green, is the Color of the Year for 2013.

I've seemed to notice it often takes a year or two for the Pantone color to get full swing in decor.  In fashion it's much faster.  So I've done some snooping around and found some photos you might enjoy that incorporate Emerald or or similar tones of green or just green in general.   I honestly was a bit tired of green after the big sage green fad about 10 years ago and the green and burgundy before that but I have to say these rooms have changed my mind.  I think I'm liking where this might go!  Let me know what you think!  Not all of these rooms are exactly emerald but I think they show you that GREEN is making a comeback in all shades!


Using Mirrors by lauratrevey, via Flickr


Matching twins
Apartment therapy. Emerald green Pantone color of 2013
The lacquer on these walls is amazing!
51bd8588d9127e24f2002389._w.540_s.fit_
Such a fun little stairwell!
Mario Grauso & Serkan Sarier from Harper's Bazaar
Mmmmm....green velvet!
Emerald + copper.#PaintedFurniture
Bright and cheery kitchen. White + Green for summer color inspiration. Via Indulgy.
I adore this happy kitchen with pops of green!
Green and white feels so crisp.*greenWood Tables With Black Lattice Chairs Design Ideas, Pictures, Remodel, and Decorbelle maison: Quote of the WeekLove the pink and greenI want to make that lampHouse of Turquoise: Denise Fogarty InteriorsAll of the above images are from my Whimages Decor Board  you can go to the original link from there.  The images below are  from my Whimages Living Room Inspiration Board.  Come on and follow me, I'd love it!!!!  
blue/green living room
white + grey + fresh green
This room shows you that even adding a few pops of a trending color can do the trick!
Casually beautiful
This one too, just a few emerald pieces here and there...a nice touch!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I personally wouldn't want a whole room of emerald but the pops are really pretty. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment. If you like green accents you should check out a fellow Canadian blog oliverandrust dot com.

Unknown said...

Came by because you left such a sweet comment - and I'm in love with your site - most definitely your newest follower!!!
Hugs from Montreal
xxx
p.s. you mentioned a maple dresser makeover - went back a few posts and don't see it?

My Cottage Charm said...

Hi :0)

It's me said...

Love all your green pictures Robyn!!!...enjoy summer love Ria....X!