Thursday, June 3, 2010

SNEAK ANOTHER LITTLE PEEK!

I just can't help myself! The built in NOOK is ALMOST done. The mercury glass pendant is going to be wired this evening by an electrician friend...dying to see that up! So I thought I'd show you some things that MIGHT make it into the nook. The item I ordered from my photo lab won't be here till the 8th and that's what the rest will revolve around but I still thought I'd show you a couple fun things!  A week back or so I showed you this uber cool goodie!

I absolutely LOVE this miniature windmill. It works and it's just so dern cute! I've been in love with this piece forever and I'm not kidding when I tell you I almost had to PRY it out of Bob's hands 'cause he loves it too!  He cracks me up because sometimes he really has a very DIFFICULT timing selling you something he loves.  BTW, almost everything I'm going to show you is from my friend BOB at The Old Curiosity Shop. I might have Matt cut off the Pabst part of the sign but he doesn't really mind it. BUT I LOVE the saying! This old scale is just fun and the Victorian pulls on top of it are going to have a new use...but you'll have to wait and see what that is!

Photos are going to fill in most of the wall area and I had them printed off the other day. I need to redo Macy's because the color is a bit off...or maybe redo Cosmo's, not sure which color I like better.  Cosmo might be a bit too Sepia.  Anyway, not really sure which ones I'm using yet. I pulled a bunch of old frames out of the basement that I'm going to either paint flat black or Heirloom White...I can't decide! I can't WAIT TO SHOW YOU THE FINAL REVEAL!!! I'm so excited! Can you tell?

Here's some news about my back so if you don't feel like hearing about it, you can turn around now! I figured out today that I've been wearing my new back brace upside down for the past 4 months or so. How stupid is that? When I put it on this morning the correct way it is SO much more comfortable! Major Blonde moment there my friends! It was 4 weeks from my surgery yesterday, so I'm finally able to start to do a bit more. A. BIT. That really just means I'm supposed to WALK farther! ;-) Better than nothing!
Posted by Picasa
Blog+Button+to+size.jpg







13 comments:

Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

I CAN'T WAIT......I CAN'T WAIT......I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
It's going to look gorgeous=0)

xoxo,
Carol

Robyn said...

Carol, I HEART you! YOu crack me up! ;-)

Sandy said...

Your comment on my 'chair find' really made my day! I worked on it today and 'looking good'... $75.00 you say... now it's worth $299.00
Thanks so much for your visit.. I'll be sure to post the results soon!
Now, let me go read some of your blog...
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Thanks for linking up @PonyTails&FishScales!

terelauritsen.blogspot.com

My Cottage Charm said...

Oh OH OHH, I recognize that corner of a picture! :-) I LOVE IT! hee hee hee
I can't wait to see the whole nook all done! (I'm a very impatient girl you know!)
You silly thing, wearing your brace upside down...I just love you! Maybe you'll be more comfortable now! :-D
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Missy :)

COTTAG3 said...

I can't wait to see the finished room. Looks we have similar tastes. I just became a follower so I don't miss the reveal!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, and your pics are wonderful! i can't wait to get my DSLR, soon, soon.

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Great finds...Will stay tuned for the big reveal!

Laura Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by!
I love all of your items too - love that scale!
I'll be following to see your reveal.
Thanks,
Laura lynn

P.S. You can come up any time and go shopping w/me!

Atticmag said...

Stopping by from Favorite Things. It's nice to see the lovely vignettes -- beautiful color tulips on the chippy chair. Hope you'll stop by and get in on our glass vessel sink giveaway if you have time. Jane F

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

ohh, so sorry about your back, glad you got the brace figured out. Better late than never?
You asked about my little louie, noe he's not a griffon? Not sure what he is, vet says lhasa apso, shi tzu mix?
have a great weekend!
gail

Wendy said...

Beautiful photo's!

Victoria said...

I love your miniature windmill! I just adore small versions of big things:)