Sunday, August 1, 2010

Flea Market Finds and Other Odds and Ends

This morning, Matt and I were sitting under the pergola having our morning cup of coffee, enjoying the sunrise. Yes, we are freaks and get up really early. Even on Sunday. We noticed that our exterior light had decided to disintigrate. Nice. I remembered that the flea market that I went to had a BIG lighting section so we decided to check it out. Later, when humans wake up and open their stores we ventured out. We came home with this little number for $33.00. YES you read that correct! I'm guessing all the lights there are discontinued models or something but most of them were by Hinkley. Check out the price on this THIS ONE that is most similar. So we think we got a deal! I love love love the seeded glass. If I could try one weird artsy hobby, it would be glass blowing!


I worked on the little "stores" for Whimages this weekend so they'll be ready to open in a day or two! YAY! They will be over on the right. Here's just a couple of the goodies I've accumulated that I'm planning on putting in there. Come on back in a day or two and check it out!
I also noticed today that I won something on the THE LETTERED COTTAGE! YAY!!! I am so excited! I LOVE clean smells and I am so happy to have won a SCENTSY WARMER and SCENT! How cool is that! Layla, Kevin and Lisa
(the Scentsy rep) are so sweet! I can't wait to get it and tell you all about it! Plus that's one of my FAVORITE BLOGS EVER!

I also won a blog award today from sweet ALILILLY . She's a new blog friend and we both are obsessed with the Black Dagger Brotherhood books by J.R. Ward. She's a sweetheart so check out her blog sometime! About these books...THEY ARE HOT!


The rules of this award are simple:

Thank the person for the award


Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five (5) words.

Pass it on to 10 other blogs which you feel have real substance.

 
Let's see, I thanked ALILILLY already so I have to sum up my blog. Hmmm.  This is hard because I don't know how much substance I really have!  ;-)  Here goes... Fun, Family, Photos, DIY, LOVE

I'd love to pass the award onto all the blogs I read because I just love them ALL!  I know everyone is busy so I'll notify everyone over on my whimsical wanderings and let them know they won just so they know I heart them!
Because I feel so thrifty I joined this party  at Southern Hospitality

21 comments:

My Cottage Charm said...

OH Girl, I LOVE the seeded glass too..it's my absolute fave! Your new light is GORGEOUS!! (so is your pergola.... I have pergola envy! lol) hee hee hee I made curtains for the corners of my patio today..they turned out cute! :) I'll be blogging about them soon. :) I just put up my post on Carson's board and batten in his room..that was a fun project, but not so fun to paint! :)
Have a great day my sweet friend!
Missy

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Robyn! Congrats on your award! And thanks so much for your comment and passing it on to me...you are so nice to do that!
BTW, you got a screaming deal on that lantern! Way to go! It's beautiful! Wish that flea market was near me when I was doing my porch additions! :)
Hugs,
Susan

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I saw you won the Scentsy! You will love it, they are great. And I love your fixture too, it's beautiful. Seeded glass is a fave of mine too.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Robyn, your light fixture is gorgeous! Love that seeded glass. And what a deal you got. I love the milk glass bowl you featured on your post too. I collect milk glass! Glad you enjoyed your weekend! Love & blessings from NC!

Ami Allison said...

Thanks!!! :) Did I tell you I found an excellent copy of Lover Awakened at the GW!!!!

Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

I couldn't get past the part where you get up so early, LOL! We were so happy and thought the kids had messed up our clock when we woke up at 7:45am this morning, LOL!

Congrats on the award=0)

Have a wonderful week sweetie,
xoxo,
Carol

bj said...

I am about to pitch a hissy fit over your beautiful lantern. I want one like it sooo bad. Guess I'll ck. Ebay....You did great!!
xo bj

It's me said...

What a beautiful latern !! and als the other stuff you found....congratulations with your award.........i put it on my blog !! thank you !!!...happy new week darling...lots of love from mew....Ria...

Eri said...

Hi Robyn, your lantern is fantastic! Oh you should visit Venice for the glass factory!!! I saw fantastic lanterns in old markets! Have a nice week, bye bye!
Erica

Sue said...

What a gorgeous seeded glass light fixture! And a bargain to beat all bargains, too. We don't have nice things like this at the junky flea markets in my area. LOL
Found you at Rhoda's- off to visit more of your posts.
:-) Sue

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

The light is gorgeous and has an old world look to it. Great price on it too. You got some wonderful glassware too. Thanks for sharing.

It's me said...

My dear Robyn...i have put the award on my site.....look just on the right site just near my post !! you need glasses darling???? hahahahha!! thamks you are wonderful............love Ria...

Unknown said...

"let there be light"! :) and why not coming from a "handsome"lamp!!!:)
Congratulations on your award....

Sweet greetings
Lynda

Anonymous said...

Absolute bargain on the light, I love it well done! Also well done on the award
alicia :0)

Atticmag said...

Very pretty. And thank you for stopping by my blog last week. Much appreciated. Jane F.

The Frosted Gardner said...

Hi Robyn! Thank you for passing along the lovely award. I really enjoying receiving these especially from a talented lady like yourself. Thank you. Love your blog!

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Great score on the light fixture. Way to start the week off right! It looks great. And congrats on your win and award ~ yours stars must all be aligned his week:):)

Tina said...

Hi sweet Robyn:) I LOVE your new lantern and what a fabulous price!!! Congratulations on your fabulous award, your gorgeous blog and you yourself are so full of substance and that is what I love so much about you, my lovely friend. Thank you so much for passing it onto me and for your lovely message. It has been the most wonderful way to end my day. Hope you have a fabulous week. Hugs ~ Tina xx

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Robyn, I just adore the light! The bubble glass is gorgeous - what a fantastic find! $33...I want one ...well actually 6 =)

Thanks so much for the award - You are truly the sweetest blogger ever and deserve it more than anyone I know. Love your blog and I enjoy reading each and every one of your post...though I usually read in google and sometimes do not have a chacne to stop by and tell you myself. I'm honored to say the least.

Hope you are enjoying your week! Thanks again - Stephanie Lynn

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Thanks so much for the award and congrats to you for recieving it!!!
Your going to love your scensy warmer, I love mine!!!
Enjoy your day and the best of luck to you with the store!!!
XO

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Thanks so much for the award and congrats to you for recieving it!!!
Your going to love your scensy warmer, I love mine!!!
Enjoy your day and the best of luck to you with the store!!!
XO