Friday, September 26, 2008

Callie's lovely lengths

My oldest daughter (older than Cole by 7 minutes...the best 7 minutes of her life, she teases) did a GREAT deed this evening. She donated 10 inches of her lovely, thick tresses to Pantene's Lovely Lenghts program. I think it was harder on me than it was on Callie! LOL I really LOVE her hair and it's always been so pretty, and thick and a great color. She decided sometime ago to do this and it really is a wonderful cause. It usually takes about 7 ponytails to make one wig. With Callie's they may not need 7! LOL

As some of you know, Callie's Aunt Michele passed away of leukemia when she was only 10 years old, just a few short weeks
after diagnosis. I never was fortunate enough to meet Michele of course, but I believe she has helped shape our lives many times. I'm sure that our Callie Michelle has made her aunt so proud in heaven. Callie just completely glows with GOODNESS (except for those bouts of preteen hormones we have now and then but that's another story), she's the daughter anyone would be proud to have.

She's now sporting a SASSY new 'do and I'm afraid it makes her look a bit older! Gorgeous either way!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrea said...

She's a stunning girl Robyn and what a nice thing to do! She's kind and beautiful just like her Mom!