Monday, September 27, 2010

Yellow and Grey...a prelude

I'm blogging from far off exotic places today!  Two wonderful places in Italy!  Oh, if I could only ACTUALLY be there...

Welcome friends old and NEW!  Two fabulous blog friends have asked me to guest post for them. Zaira is from Italy and is a lovely girl who's posts are always filled with inspiration!  Eri is from Farara, Italy and is a sweet and lovely girl that also inspires me and lifts my spirits with every post!

I have a blog that is as RANDOM as I am, called Whimages...the blog .  I'd love for you to visit me because I love meeting new people!  It's taken me forever to figure out a post that would do both of them justice because I love these girls.  I don't know if this post gives it to them but it's all I could come up with!

You may remember that several months back I was gloriously lucky enough to win a fabulous Annette Tatum duvet cover.  Matt and I chose the Brocade Pearl pattern which is a lovely soft dove grey brocade on one side and a sweet whipped butter yellow stripe on the other.  Matt has been busy painting our room a fabulous grey and putting up glossy white crown molding.  As a prelude to the reveal, which will still be a bit away, I thought I may tease you with some fabulous rooms in this color scheme.  Oh, and by the way, Houzz has announced that grey and yellow is passe', however I've had sweet whipped butter walls in my foyer and kitchen for about 14 years. So Psssmph! And I do mean that in the most pleasant way because HOUZZ is so very near and DEAR to my heart!


unknown source ...but I LOVE this room!

unknown source...looks so Swedish Clean!

photo from Habitually Chic

Cayla's Corner





unknown source

14 comments:

Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

I need one of those sliding doors!

XOXO,
Carol

It's me said...

Lovely post......lovely you........hugs from me.......

Unknown said...

LOVE grey and yellow (oooh, and with a little fuschia thrown in!). I love your blog, how have you been around and I don't know it?? Well, definitely following and will be back lots and lots! XX!

A Perfect Gray said...

well, I still love the combination no matter who says it's out! If we love it - it's always in!

If you have a 2010 jeep wrangler, you are WAY ahead of me! I have an older, beat-up one and love it. I just us it whenever I want, and it's terrific with the top down.

your blog is great!

Eri said...

Lovely post! and it'an honour to have you as a guest for my blog: thankyou so much, you're lovely!
Hugs,
Eri

Carole said...

You've just proved that it is so not passe!. I love the old bar clothes in that color scheme.
xxx
Carole

Tina said...

Love the grey and whipped butter Robyn!! I can't wait to see your bedroom reveal, with that gorgeous Annette Tatum duvet:) Hope you have had a wonderful start to your week. Fabulous post, which I am sure both girls are thrilled to bits with!! Hugs ~ Tina xx

Flaviana said...

Robyn sweetie!
I love the randomness of your blog because when I come here I never know what awaits me..no,actually I know: beautiful images (I love the first one with the shutters and frames on the wall), your photos that are simply the best, witty and funny reads! My friend, you rock!!
I'm off to check out your guest posts !!
hugsxxx

Kate said...

Robyn
your images were breath taking. I love inspiration to start the week with!!! I think its a toss between all of the white frames over the bed and the gray walls "swoon" Have a terrific week.

xo
Kate

Jen said...

I LOVE yellow & grey together!
I can't wait to see your finished room!

Anne Lorys said...

Gorgeous images, those colors go together so beautifully. :-)

Have a wonderful Thursday!
Hugs,
Anne

Natasha in Oz said...

I love all those pictures but that bedroom with the grey walls and divine plate collection is one of my favourites too! I actually painted the exterior of our house a very similar shade of grey.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Natasha in Oz said...

I love all those pictures but that bedroom with the grey walls and divine plate collection is one of my favourites too! I actually painted the exterior of our house a very similar shade of grey.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

All That Jazz said...

Fabulous colors together!! Thanks for sharing these inspiring looks!
Have a great weekend! ;-)
~michelle~